Instagram has come to play a very important part of weddings. Nowadays, no wedding seems complete without a clever wedding hashtag. Hashtags are beneficial because all of the photos that are Instagrammed at the reception or ceremony will be tagged to your own wedding hashtag. Here are a few tips for forming the perfect wedding Hashtag!
- Be unique! You need a hashtag that no other couple has used. The first step is looking at your names and forming a unique hashtag. This is important so that the hashtag will only feature pictures from your special day!
- Get Punny. Along with being unique, use puns! If your last name has the potential to be a pun, I say use it!
- Add the year. Adding the year will also help keep your wedding hashtag one of a kind.
- Check for availability. Before you confirm your wedding hashtag make sure there aren’t photos already tagged to this hashtag.
- Spread the word. Make sure that your guests know to tag their photos to your wedding hashtag. Having a sign at the reception is a perfect way to let those know exactly where to tag their pics!
Weddingwire.com has created a wedding hashtag generator that can be super helpful! Click here for the link.